San Francisco: US Circuit of Appeals in San Francisco has ruled that California's state ban on conversion or reparative therapy that aims at turning gay minors straight does not violate the free speech rights of licensed counselors and patients seeking treatment. This is a precedent for California in the USA and prohibits health practitioners from offering psychotherapy aimed at changing gay youth’s sexual orientation.
Australia has one of the lowest blood donor rates in the world and regularly runs critically short of blood. There is a large group of potential donors who are blocked from giving. Gay men, bisexual men, transgender women and some non-binary people who have sex with men, are expected to abstain from sex for three months before giving blood because of outdated fears about HIV infection.
ARTIST CALL OUT! Calling all clayworkers, potters or ceramics-based art practitioners living in the ACT Region who are out and proud members of the LGBTIQA+ community!
As part of Canberra’s SpringOUT Festival, you are invited to participate in a group exhibition showcasing the talents of LGBTQIA+ ceramicists being held over four weeks during October and November 2022.
Excited about Sydney WorldPride 2023? With hundreds of events across the city, including Bondi Beach Party, Domain Dance Party, and the return of the Mardi Gras Parade to Oxford Street, there is something for the entire LGBQIA+ community to enjoy.
ETickets go on sale Monday 15 July. Join the Sydney WorldPride mailing list to stay up to date about all your favourite events.
The Polish appeals court has ruled that so-called "LGBT-free zones" must be scrapped, the verdict has been welcomed by activists as a victory for human rights and democracy.
"LGBT-free zones" seek to ban what local authorities see as the promotion of homosexuality and other minority sexual identities, especially in schools.
Anna Brown the CEO of Equality Australia has called out the Australian Government for one again leaving out LGBTIQ Aussies.
“The release of census data gives us fascinating insights into the diversity of the Australian community – what we believe, what language we speak at home, rates of chronic disease, and other key demographic data that will inform crucial decisions about what services are provided to communities, and where.
New Self-Collected Cervical Screening tests are a huge step forward in privacy and inclusion for transgendered and gender-diverse people.
Cervical screening checks for the presence of the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) which can cause cervical cancer.
Held at the Yarralumla Woolshed, it is a fun night of dancing with people of all flavours.
More Articles ...
- Become The One
- Class, queerness and illness in the ‘post-crisis’ era: rewriting the narrative of HIV
- LGBTIQ rights in Rwanda
- Anti-lesbian sex laws breach human rights
- Religious discrimination bill — an unholy mess
- Celebrity Gay Penguins Sphen and Magic
- Why has same-sex sexual behaviour persisted during evolution?
- Your loneliness is a gift. Stop ignoring it.
- Queer people in Lockdown
- When subcultures get co-opted for money
- Say It Out Loud
- Private Lives 3
- Qwire in the Park
- Are LGBTQ+ people are being ignored in the national discussion on family and sexual violence
- Important Public Cervix Announcement
- Netfilx: The Boys in the Band
- Sequin in a Blue Room
- Conversion therapy in India and why it persists
- Seoul LGBTIQ clubs hit by COVID
- Trans debate rages around the world
- Is your furbaby the next superstar of the ACT?
- COVID-19 + U
- US Supreme Court bars discrimination against LGBT workers
- Polands PM vows to ban 'LGBTIQ teaching'
- Grindr removes 'ethnicity filter'
- LGBTI Domestic Violence Awareness Day
- Apple launches new pride watch bands
- Zambian president pardons gay couple
- Homophobia sparked by Seoul
- International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia